From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Roberto José Etcheverry Romero
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 3:31 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Removing disk units that have device parity protection from a
disk pool without mirrored protection

A quick heads up. When you add to ASP and start RAID on the same DST
session, the times are not the times for each run, since it initializes the
disks only once. If for example you start RAID first, you'll see a
"Preparing to start RAID" which is in fact the initialization, but if you
previously added it to the ASP that step is skipped. The same happens if you
start raid first, when the time comes to add to ASP it takes very little
time...

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>