On 06-Jan-2015 17:07 -0600, Darryl Freinkel wrote:
On Jan 6, 2015, at 5:53 PM, Henrik Rützou wrote:

a source file is not restricted to neither 92 or 112 char so it
should be simple ...

Store the SQL in as STMF and import it to a source file and run
RUNSQLSTM

I'll check this option again. The last time I did that there was a
width restriction.

The Source margins (MARGINS) parameter was added in v6r1 so still not available at v5r4 :-(

If it works, that would be great using with RDP.

Some client stream editors support an effective /margins/ capability, to force line wrapping at a particular length. Perhaps the editor used for the RDP has a /save-as wrapped/ to a maximum specified line length, or has a similar /reformat/ option.?

The Rfile utility in the QShell has such a capability [available in v5r4]; the "l" switch to effect a request to wrap the lines onto a new record:

<www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/ssw_i5_54/rzahz/rfile.htm>
Rfile - Read or write record files
"...
Do not truncate long text lines. This option only applies to text data. When -l is specified, any standard input line longer than one output record is folded onto as many records as necessary, and no trailing blanks are removed from records written to standard output.
..."

The following scripted request will produce a /temporary/ database source member [named SCRIPT of 80-byte source records] against which the Run SQL Statements (RUNSQLSTM) request can be directed; the script as-coded requires some modifications to effect desirable, accurate, and consistent data copies, minimally such as the expectation being that no stream record will exceed 512 bytes and that the /system/ calls probably should be encapsulated in a CLP]:

system "crtsrcpf mylib/rl526 rcdlen(526) mbr(only) " ;
system "crtsrcpf mylib/rl080 rcdlen( 80) mbr(script) " ;
cp -t script.sql /qsys.lib/mylib.lib/rl526.file/only.mbr ;
Rfile -rQ "mylib/rl526(only)" | Rfile -wQl "mylib/rl080(script)"