On 07-Jan-2015 08:13 -0600, ldwopt@xxxxxxx wrote:

I have been working on a BRMS problem that has me confused.

V5R4 system with a 3576 tape library with multiple drives

Full system backup is run on Saturday night and system is IPLed.
Tuesday at 00:01 scheduler kicks off backup 1 and backup 2
Backup 1 runs to completion
Backup 2 starts and then aborts at 06:00 due to a
CPF414D message "Database busy or error occurred"

Backup 2 is restarted and completes.

This job runs t-w-th-f-s. The only day that has a problem is the
first day after the system save and re-ipl

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FWiW: As a first step, the "Recovery" section of the message recommends the following:

Recovery . . . : See the previously listed messages to determine the correct database error recovery action. Correct the problem and retry the operation.

Of possible note [probably depending on what was the prior logged message]: The Access Path Recovery (RECOVER) parameter attribute for the [improperly named] database logical files [QLTA* in QUSRSYS] was the value *AFTIPL (After IPL) instead of the recovery being defined as *IPL (during IPL) which implies there may be a delay in the availability of those access paths. That attribute can be modified to ensure the recovery is performed during the IPL, or the application(s) dependent on those files or the first reference to those files can be preceded by either a validation or an implied corrective effected by Open Database File Member (OPNDBF) using the member's access path:
OPNDBF QUSRSYS/TheTAdbf ACCPTH(*FILE) MBR(the_member)