I'm looking for the latest doc - Removing disk units that have device parity protection from a disk pool without mirrored protection
From the IBM Knowledge Center, IBM i: Systems management Disk management, I found this table/checklist.

I want to confirm that this is current, and this process STILL cannot be done concurrently (Requires IPL to DST)
My additional notes below is to minimize the down window (4 - Remove unit from configuration) after IPL to DST.

Task What to do Where to learn more
1.___ Display your current disk configuration. "Evaluating the current configuration" on page 6
2.___ Calculate the space requirements for the disk pools
that are involved in disk removal.
"Calculating disk space requirements" on page 8
3.___ Use option 21 from the Save menu to save your
entire system.
Save your system with the GO SAVE command
4.___ Restart your system and select the option to use
dedicated service tools (DST).
"How to Start Dedicated Service Tools (DST)" in
Backup and Recovery. From the taskpad in System
i Navigator, select OpenSystem i Navigator
Service Tools.
5.___ Remove disk units that you plan to remove from
the system.
"Removing a disk unit from a disk pool" on page
101
6.___ Exclude the disk units from device parity
protection. If you were successful in excluding the
disk units, skip to task 8. Otherwise, continue to
task 7.
"Excluding disk units from a parity set" on page
25
7.___ Stop device parity protection for all the disk units
in the Input/Output Processor (IOP).
"Stopping device parity protection" on page 24
8.___ Physically remove disk units. If you stopped
device parity protection in task 7, continue with
task 9. If you did not stop device parity protection,
skip to task 10.
"Removing a disk unit from a disk pool" on page
101
9.___ Start device parity protection again. "Starting device parity protection" on page 22
10.___ Verify that your disk unit configuration is correct. "Evaluating the current configuration" on page 6
11.___ Print your disk configuration to have available in
case a recovery situation occurs.
"Printing your disk configuration" on page 7
12.___ Restart your system.

Disk removal
Removing disks require shutting down system, steps 1 thru 3 can be done ahead to minimize down time, steps 4 on require down time. (Checklist 9 - Backup and Recovery)
1) STRASPBAL TYPE(*ENDALC) UNIT(10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18) - This marks the disks for those you want to remove
2) CHKASPBAL
Unit 10 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 11 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 12 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 13 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 14 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 15 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 16 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 17 is selected for end allocation.
Unit 18 is selected for end allocation.
3) STRASPBAL TYPE(*MOVDTA) TIMLMT(*NOMAX) - This will run for 3 to 6 hours - suggest running at night.
4) PWRDWNSYS with restart (*NO) 5 - minutes
5) IPL using manual mode to DST 5 - minutes
6) Signon to DST
7) Logically remove from the ASP -
option 4 - (work with disk units)
option 1 - (work with disk configuration)
option 3 - (work with ASP configuration)
4 - Remove unit from configuration - If step 3 above already moved majority of data, time should be minimal, 10 minutes for all disks.
8) Stop device parity protection for IOA - 3 minutes
9) Power down system
10) From HMC, power off frame that includes the disks
11) Physically remove disks from the system

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator