On 1/6/2015 5:03 PM, Darryl Freinkel wrote:
Let me add some clarity.

I am using v5r4 and am using the iNavigator's "Run a sql script".

So all is native in iNav.

I would like to continue running the scripts from iNav.

I would like something like

Runsql script1
Runsql script2
Runsql script3

The iNav for Windows script program is called CWBUNDBS. You should
think of it as an interactive program. There is no 'batch' mode.

If I had to do this, I'd write a Python or Java program that would read
those scripts and then submit them to IBM i via ODBC / JDBC. Map a
windows drive to your IFS (that's where I keep mine). That way you
could still maintain them interactively via iNav, and run them via a
.bat file as needed.

I know you said that you run them from the PC, but for the archives, one
could also run the same scripts on IBM i through a similar mechanism
(read the stream file in RPG / Java / Python and submit via ODBC).