The 5733-SC1 product already adds symlinks to point to the appropriate target destinations and binaries for the SC1 product. For example on a 7.1 system these symlinks will and should exist because they are created by the 5733SC1 install exists:

/QOpenSys/usr/bin/ssh -> /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/SC1/OpenSSH/openssh-4.7p1/bin/ssh

/QOpenSys/usr/bin/sftp -> /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/SC1/OpenSSH/openssh-4.7p1/bin/sftp

/QOpenSys/usr/bin/scp -> /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/SC1/OpenSSH/openssh-4.7p1/bin/scp

etc...

Is that helpful? I don't think you would need any symlinks in this location:

/QOpenSys/bin/ssh

unless you have applications that specifically hardcode and use them. Most likely your PATH environment variable for users in PASE will already contain something similar to the following:

CALL QP2TERM
echo $PATH <- Run this
/QOpenSys/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/QOpenSys/usr/bin/X11:/usr/sbin:.:/usr/bin <- result (i.e. default path used)

If your PATH environment variable contains reference to /QOpenSys/usr/bin you should pick up the appropriate symlink already created (/QOpenSys/usr/bin/ssh for example) by the 5733SC1 install exit programs to point to the appropriate SSH target binaries.

To verify what symlink link gets picked up you can do the following from a QP2TERM session.

CALL QP2TERM
which ssh <- Run this
/QOpenSys/usr/bin/ssh <- result

In this case, the /OpenSys/usr/bin/ssh symlnk will get used by default.