SI55522 upgrades OpenSSL to version 1.0.1j and OpenSSH to version 6.6p1. SI55602 updates the program behind STRTCPSVR/ENDTCPSVR *SSHD related to a problem for certain CCSIDs. SI55602 wasn't created to fix anything that was introduced in SI55522. They are completely separate pieces of code. The PTFs just happen to be in the same PTF chain as a result of some shared objects between the PTFs.

The PTFs were tested internally within IBM before being released as all PTFs are for product 5733SC1.

Again if we can get more details from the vendor that would be great!