Um, yes there is a problem.

First off that UPS is not meant for a real system, rather it's meant for
your TV remote box, a cable modem, and a PC. But at 810 watts it's the
computer equivalent to a pair of AA batteries. I also highly doubt the
proper hardware is in that UPS to make the connection let alone the software
needed. Dinner at Ruth Crist's if it A) keeps the system up and B) if it
stays up, keeps it running for more than 30 seconds. I would not have the
guts to try it.

APCs actually have the software and the connection to work with your system,
but you need the correct cabling.

Your 720 is a real computer, handling real world workload. Why not treat it
that way and get a real UPS with sufficient batteries (new batteries!) in it
so a shutdown program has a snowball's chance in hell to do its job. Yes
you will have to spend some real money to do that. APC makes excellent
gear, so does Tripp Lite. Both of them have the engineering in them to do
what you need to do. A 3-KVA or 5-KVA unit would be great for what you
need.

We won't even start the discussion about how clean the power coming out of
that $90 unit is. In short, most likely awful.

BTW: If your 720 keeps going and the network switch(es)/firewall don't have
UPSs on them aren't you down anyway? Recovery might be a little faster but
down is down. The 3-KVA UPS would handle all of that for you nicely.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect