Ok, we're getting somewhere.
I would definitely eschew trying to get these into *SERVICE before the
upgrade. Not going to happen.

Here's the good news:
PTF group . . . . . . . . : SF99707
Level . . . . . . . . . . : 9
Status . . . . . . . . . . : Installed
Target release . . . . . . : V7R1M0
Text . . . . . . : TECHNOLOGY REFRESH
PTF Product
ID ID Release
MF58616 5770999 V7R1M0

So, if you
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(V7) DEV(OPTVRT01)
WRKIMGCLGE V7
6=Mount on your I_BASE volume
WRKLNK '/QOPT'
5=Display
Find this directory I_BASE_01
5=Display
Near the bottom you should see a file called
RS_710_M
That confirms that you have Resave M.
Resave M will have TR9 loaded.
TR9 will have MF58616.
With all this in place you won't have to 'm'uck with preloading any
individual PTF's after your upgrade to 7.1 to use image catalogs to load
further PTF's.

Is that enough confirmation for you?
Need bibliography?
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/resave/v7r1.html