What you are somewhat describing is known as "Multitenancy"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multitenancy

It's a valid architecture, usually used in a SaaS model; but I don't
believe it's all that common in the IBM i world.

You can find some posts in the archives from Nathan Andelin whose company
offers a SaaS solution on IBM i.

Additionally, at least some of the "free online IBM i development hosts"
would be considered multitenant SaaS.

The key point in multitenancy is isolating the functions available. Your
customers can't have a *SECADM or *SECOFR class user. Those are reserved
for the hosting company.

Charles

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM, e-mail s44b1443 <s44b1443@xxxxxxxxxxxx>