From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 10:39 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Lights on panel

Yes, the CE should have used SST to clear the problem. That would have
turned off the light. Watch him closely when he is there to replace the
cache batteries.

Of course, there is an option in HMC to just turn off the light (use at your
own peril - it doesn't care if the hardware is still failed or not!).

You are replacing a cache battery yet no disks are showing up as "degraded"?
Has the battery not failed yet but just getting close? See
also:
STRSST
7. Hardware service manager
9. Work with resources containing cache battery packs

Hmm, apparently my Power 8 disk drives on my hosting lpar doesn't use cache
batteries. Interesting. Both the HDD hosting lpar on the one Power
8 and the SSD hosting lpar on the other Power 8.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E