Brian-

I've heard suggested in the past, and seen performance data to support the
use of a calendar table especially to support queries of this sort.

The table could have the following fields:

Date, DayofWeek, Week number, Year, etc...

Then you can join your table on Week Number and only select the first day
of the week from the calendar table.

Example SQL:

Select
myTable.Data
myCal.Date as FirstDayOfWeek
From
myTable Join
myCal on myCal.Year = myTable.Year and myCal.Week = myTable.Week
Where
myCal.DayofWeek = 'Monday' (Or this could be Sunday depending on your
definition of first day of the week, see previous posted wiki)

Googling SQL Calendar Table should be able to give you examples of stored
procedures to create a table very easily.

-Tom Stieger