If this is small scale that does not warrant a replication tool and since
it is much
easier to couch SQL Server to pull/push data from/to the i then the other
way around,
you might do it this way :

0. Install Client access on the Windows server that hosts the SQL Server.
1. Add a local user on the Windows server (to be used later - see item 5).
2. in SQL Server, configure your AS400 (iseries, system i etc.) as a linked
server.
3. prepare a Stored procedure that pulls data from the i and inserts/updates
relevant table(s) on SQL Server.
4. prepare a DTS package that executes the A/M Stored procedure.
5. Call the DTS from the i whenever you need to replicate data
using RUNRMTCMD and the local user of item 1
(you may use triggers or code it elswhere)

For some years now, we've been replicating 5-10 tables from the i to a
small
CRM system on an SQL Server.
We also send Insert/updates from SQL Server to the i useing the same method.

See following a CL example of executing a DTS on a Window Server.

HTH
Gad

RUNRMTCMD CMD('dtexec /f +
"C:\Users\SomeUser\Documents\+