From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 7:37 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CPF7001 - Damage was detected but has been ignored ; CPF0C4D - Error occurred while processing object QSZPAVLI in library QUSRSYS.

I would also like to think that there are better ways to kill a dedicated system save than to force the lpar down from the HMC.
Are you running the dedicated system save from a 5250 console session? If so, and since you have hmc access, are you aware how to use a 'shared console session'? Are you also aware that there is something called a "system request" or SysReq? On a laptop this is often mapped to Shift-Esc. That should pull up a line. If you do not have the SysReq options memorized then you can leave the line blank and a menu will appear. Option 2 functions most like Ctrl-C on other platforms. Sometimes I have to take option 90 for signoff from there to get it to work.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755