From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 1:35 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CPF0907 - Serious storage condition may exist ; - BRM1797 - ASP storage threshold has been exceeded

Dollars to doughnuts it was the P5 to P7 migration. It gets set with the ASP you're using and you probably thought "well, we have all this new disk on our P7, we'll never fill that. Why worry about raising the threshold size up?"

Depends on the lpar. Really, with the larger disk size requirements, and still the minimum recommended number of arms, we have a few lpars way down there, like between 30-40%. While a few lpars are around 85%. But I can easily fix those larger lpars by simply carving out more network storage space out of the hosting lpar.

There was a thread (?this week?) about performance vs disk full.

Personally I like to leave the threshold low enough that I have time to talk to TPTB and beg for money for disk. Setting it at 98% and saying "If you don't make a decision by 3pm..." goes over like a turd in the punch bowl.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755