ALIAS would be for field level only.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

At 7.2, ALIAS is a field-level keyword - can't use it to get the long name
of a PF.

On 10/21/2014 4:57 PM, Darryl Freinkel wrote:

Try using the ALIAS keyword in DDS. I have not used it, but I believe its
for that purpose.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

John

I tried something kind of crazy - I had a PF created using DDS, then I
used the RENAME TABLE SQL statement, and I was able to put the long name
on
it - very cool!

So your colleague could use DDS to create the file, and you could have a
command that uses RUNSQL to do the RENAME.

Here is an example -

RENAME TABLE DP2TEST/ACEAPP TO LONGVERSIONACEAPP FOR SYSTEM NAME ACEAPP

Be careful to specify the system name - otherwise it'll be changed to
something like LONG000001 in this case.

HTH
Vern