Sorry for the delay, I just missed the later responses to tread.

The App I showed a little film of ( http://powerext.com/shoecafe.mp4 ) is
actually a FDA (Front-end Driven Application) based on EXT JS.

EXT JS is OO Javascript component based framework that comes with a
complete client based MVC. You launch the complete application written I OO
javascript files by getting files stored in the IFS but they could in
principle be stored anywhere else.

The only interaction with the server is thereafter done by calling REST
services that either receives and/or delivers data in POST/FORM or JSON.

POS is actually not so hard to do on a touch screen, the problem is if you
have to process credit card transaction or print receipts.

I my example we have some small POS Epson printers that is connected to IBM
I so when we accept

a sale the receipt are printed from IBM I to an OUTQ according to the POS
terminal position but it is in fact separate processes initiated by a REST
call to the server. Fortunately we don’t need Credit Card processing but
real POS applications (used in malls) needs to ‘talk’ with the Credit Card
terminal since there may be rebates connected to the type of credit card of
the holder etc.