<Darryl>
I need to be able to read a remote table and update a local table.

I have set up the remote database entries and have used connect. What I
cannot find documentation on is how to use 2 files on different machines.

When I connect to system B, all the tables are in system B.

Is there a way to do a select from system B and insert into system A?
Example:

Insert into fileA [on system A] (select * from FileA [on system B] )

TIA

Darryl Freinkel
</Darryl>

Hi,

lots of nonsens in some answers...
if you've managed to get an DRDA connection, workarounds like JDBCR$ don't help (they wouldn't help anyway). Three part alias doesn't help too, you can't use two diffrent databases in one statement. Copy would be possible, even with QMQRY (outfile parameter), but not update with select from other database. RPG or COBOL would be an option, read remoten set connection to local and update local and so on. IBM infosphere federation server (renamed again from websFear FS) would do this for lots of money for software and an additional non AS400 Server.

D*B