In Paul's original post, he wanted to treat ODBC different than JDBC..

The only way he'll be able to separate them 100% is by moving one/both to a
(couple of) new subsystems.

Charles

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Or just use the prestart job entry commands.... From a performance
perspective moving them out of QUSRWRK/QSYSWRK does not provide much impact
and adds to the system startup/shut down complexity. Adding a memory pool
just for those jobs and moving the prestart jobs into that memory pool is
really is the key.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 1:37 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: ODBC versus JDBC question

Better solution would be to route the jobs to separate subsystems via
iNav...

http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/QZDASOINIT
http://www.centerfieldtechnology.com/PDFs/August-2005-Newsletter.PDF

Charles

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They'll care, because management is issuing edicts about getting
performance improvements. The JDBC stuff has two-way activity with the
system (sending transactions from Siebel and getting responses back).
If those connections can be re-routed to QSQSRVR jobs, I can isolate
and put a governor on the ODBC connections.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 409-267-4027
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx