Aaron Bartell wrote in another thread:

but the Python I use, and which I constantly talk about on these lists,
does not run in PASE. It's a fully native application written in ILE C.

Very intriguing. Do you have an example of bi-direction communication
to/from RPG ILE?

iSeriesPython is implemented in ILE C, but that doesn't mean it's a
full ILE participant. (This was the point I was trying to make when I
challenged Rexx's membership in the ILE club.)

iSeriesPython includes an easy-to-use wrapper to call any native *PGM
object, including passing parameters to it and retrieving parameter
values from it. So, you have "bidirectional" communication, as long
as Python is doing the calling.

There is no easy way for an ILE program (or really any non-Python
program) to receive information directly from Python code, in the form
of return values or parameters. In this respect, it's much like Rexx.
The ILE program can of course call the Python interpreter via QCMDEXC,
including passing input parameters; but to get information back out
requires the Python code to write data to an agreed-upon location
(could be physical file, stream file, data area, or user space), where
the ILE program then picks it up. (One of my CS professors referred
to this style of information transfer as "parameter leaving" rather
than parameter passing.)

John Y.