there is no extra cost to spin up a small partition,

A small partition would be the preferred option, no doubt. Let me ask a
couple questions to get rid of my ignorance...

- How much DASD is required for a minimal IBM i partition? Just the OS,
PASE, and DB2.

- How much memory is required for a minimal IBM i partition? Assume I
don't care about performance and just want to know the minimum.

- As I understand it, a Power8 server can go up to 20 IBM i partitions per
processor. What is the IBMi OS licensing cost to enable a second processor
for a P10?

- Cost of a public IP address.

Aaron Bartell

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx