Jeff,

here are my notes on panel groups:

... pnlgrp .... ------------------- instruction summary
--------------------------

:PNLGRP. : start of panel group source

:EPNLGRP. : end of panel group source

:HELP. : section of pnlgrp instructions that apply to a command or parm

of a command.

:EHELP. : end of :HELP section.

:P. : plain text on a new line.

:XMP. : indented text.

:EXMP. : end of indented text.

.* : comment line. not rendered.

:XH3. : highlighted text. the entire line.

:HP2. : start of highlighed text

:EHP2. : end of highlighted text

:HP3. : start of underlined, highlighted text

:EHP3. : end of underlined, highlighted text

... pnlgrp .... ----------------------- online documentation
------------------------

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QB3AUK00/3.2

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QB3AUK00/CCONTENTS#APPENDIX1.1

... pnlgrp .... ------------------ pnlgrp document struction
------------------------

pnlgrp consists of a sequence of standalone and nested text rendering
instructions.

Each instruction starts with ":" and ends with "."

:PNLGRP. :P. :XMP. :XH3.

In the case of the :HELP instruction, the "." comes after the NAME=
attribute:

:HELP NAME=NETSAVLIB.

pnlgrp document starts with :PNLGRP. Ends with :EPNLGRP.

:PNLGRP.

:EPNLGRP.

.* marks a comment. text that follows the .* instruction is ignored.

within the :PNLGRP .... :EPNLGRP are a succession of :HELP ... :EHELP.
sections.

Where each :HELP section has a NAME= attribute that applies the help to the
command

or parms of the command.

.* help text for the NETSAVLIB command

:HELP NAME=NETSAVLIB.

:EHELP.

.* help text for the LIB parameter of the NETSAVLIB command.

:HELP NAME='NETSAVLIB/LIB'.Library to save (LIB) - Help

:EHELP.

... pnlgrp .... -------------------- the HELP section
-------------------------

:HELP instruction consists of :HELP control word, followed by
NAME='CMD/PARM',

followed by ".", followed by text that is displayed as heading text.

note: if the help text for a command is left blank, the text of the command
itself

is used when prompting the help for the command.

:HELP ... :EHELP. sections for the command parameters follow the :EHELP.
end of the

command.

Betweeen the :HELP and :EHELP. control words are text rendering
instructions. :P. for

plain text on a new line, preceeded by a blank line. :XMP. for indented
text. :XH3 for

an entire line of highlighted text. :HP2. for highlighted text. :HP3. for
underlined

and highlighted text.

:HELP NAME='NETSAVLIB/LIB'.Library to save (LIB) - Help

:XH3.Save library (LIB)

:P.Specifies the name of the library to be saved and sent to

the remote system. A single library name. Special values like

*NONSYS and *IBM are not supported. Generic names are not supported.

:P.The possible values are:

:XH3.library-name

:P.Specify the name of the library to be saved.

:EHELP.

... pnlgrp .... ----------------- pnlgrp code sample
-----------------------------

-- a paragraph:

:P.Specify whether the command listens for a connection from a remote

system, connects to a tcp/ip port on a remote system, or does both,

first try to connect, then listen for a connection.

-- an indented paragraph. Use :P.:XMP. xxxxx :EXMP

:P.:XMP.Listen on the LOCAL network port for a connection from

a remote system running a save receive type command

such as NETRSTLIB or NETRCVSAV.:EXMP.

-- highlighted text:

:XH3.library-name

-- special value text. :HP2.text text text:EHP2

-- special value text is rendered as highlighted, new paragraph, flush with
the left

-- margin.

-- Normally followed by indented text that explains the use and meaning of
the

-- special value. :P.:XMP.indented paragraph of text:EXMP.

:HP2.*LISTEN:EHP2.

-- special value, default.

-- special value default text is rendered as highlight and underlined.

:HP3.*BOTH:EHP3.

-- special value text is rendered as highlighted text

:HP3.*BOTH:EHP3.

... pnlgrp .... ------------------ panel group commands
---------------------------

:PNLGRP.

.*

.*---------------------------------------------------------------------

.*

:HELP NAME=TEST57.

:P.

This command will transfer a Physical File from the Test system to the

Production system.

:P.

:XH2.Special notes/tips regarding this utility

:P.:HP2.If your Physical File has the following characteristics, it

may *not* be transferred.:EHP2.

:P.

.*

:XH3.Error messages for TEST57

:P.

:P.:HP3.*ESCAPE Messages:EHP3.

:P.:HP2.CPF???? :EHP2.File &1 is not a Physical File

:P.:HP2.CPF???? :EHP2.Invalid destination file library

.*

:EHELP.

.*

.*---------------------------------------------------------------------

.*

:HELP NAME='TEST57/FROMFILE'.Physical File (FROMFILE) - Help

:XH3.Physical File (FROMFILE)

:P.Specifies the name and library of the Physical File to to be moved

to the Production system.

:P.

The possible:HP2.Physical File:EHP2.values are:

:P.

:HP2.Physical File:EHP2.

:P.:XMP.Specify the name of a Physical File.:EXMP.

:P.

The possible library values are:

:P.

:HP3.*LIBL:EHP3.

:P.:XMP.All libraries in the job's library list are searched until the

first match is found.:EXMP.

:P.

:HP2.*CURLIB:EHP2.

:P.:XMP.The current library for the job is used to locate the source

file.:EXMP.

:P.

:HP2.Library Name:EHP2.

:P.:XMP.Specify the library where the Physical file is located.:EXMP.

.*

:EHELP.

.*

.*---------------------------------------------------------------------

.*

:HELP NAME='TEST57/CREATEPF'.Create Physical (CREATEPF) - Help

:XH3.Create Physical (CREATEPF)

:P.Specify (Y)es to create the Physical File on the target system.

system.

.*

:EHELP.

.*

.*---------------------------------------------------------------------

.*

:HELP NAME='TEST57/CREATELF'.Create Logicals (CREATELF) - Help

:XH3.Create Logicals (CREATELF)

:P.Specifies that the logical files will be recreated on the target

system.

.*

:EHELP.

.*

.*---------------------------------------------------------------------

.*

:HELP NAME='TEST57/MOVSRC'.Move Source (MOVSRC) - Help

:XH3.Move Source (MOVSRC)

:P.Indicates whether the source code should also be moved.

.*

:EHELP.

.*

:HELP NAME='TEST57/VIEWMSGS'.View FTP Messages (VIEWMSGS) - Help

:XH3.View FTP Messages (VIEWMSGS)

:P.Allows you to view the output messages from the FTP transfer.

.*

:EHELP.

.*

:EPNLGRP.