I've got a short time to gather data about your experience changing from CCSID 65535 to CCSID 37.

Anything that one needs to be ready for? Aware of?

Somewhere along the line, we needed to create a group of users with CCSID 37 and left the system value as delivered...65535.

Now, one of the 65535 users needs to run a process that generates XML using the SQL XMLSerialize function. The consumer of the XML is a service running as a CCSID 37 user. It is prevented from translating the XML by the 65535 CCSID code and thus reads garbage data.

We could set the variables used by the XMLSerialize function to be CCSID 37, but this will set an unwanted precedent to hard-code the CCSID value in the programs.

One solution is to set the machine to 37 from 65535. I need to quickly understand the impacts.

Thanks for your help!!

Steve Needles | IT Architect

This communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be subject to legal privileges, and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. Any use, duplication, disclosure or dissemination of this communication, other than by the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication and all copies.

TRVDiscDefault::1201