For QmQry we typically use two single quote characters like so:
DCL VAR(&QT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('''')
CHGVAR VAR(&NAMEPARM) VALUE(&QT || &NAME || &QT)

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Young
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:16 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Issue using QMQRY selecting data using a variable

Steve/Vern,
Tried the double quotes:
STRQMQRY QMQRY(TEST) SETVAR((ITEM "10010")) Column "10010" not in specified tables.
RUN QUERY command failed with SQLCODE -206.
RUN QUERY command ended due to error.
STRQMQRY command failed.

Any suggestions as to what I am missing here?

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>