Does this note on the i Access for Windows page help?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Mason [mailto:rmason62@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:25 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Client Access V6R1 on Windows 7 64 bit Laptops.

Just found an issue that I have not encountered in the past. I installed Client Access V6R1 on two 64 bit Window laptops. The install works issues. The problem comes into play when I attempt to update
the service level from SI29 to SI42423_64. It gets to a certain point and
tells me the install cannot continue because the software needs to be
I don't have this issue with Client access on the 64bit desktops. I have not tried CA V7R1 only because I not ready to change the PC image we use.
Has anyone experienced this issue and if you know if a solution?
I have not reached out to IBM yet.............lately I dread placing calls to Big Blue.