Re: sshd public key authentication error: bad ownership or modes

fixed

On 9/2/2014 1:39 PM, David Gibbs wrote:
debug1: trying public key file /home/SECDMG/.ssh/authorized_keys
Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/SECDMG

I got it to work.

I regenerated the key pair in the Eclipse IDE and copied the new id_rsa & id_rsa.pub files to my .ssh directory. I then edited the authorized_keys file and pasted the contents of id_rsa.pub into it.

All files have CCSID 819.

I wonder why the host generated key pair didn't work.

david