Re: sshd public key authentication error: bad ownership or modes

fixed

On 9/2/2014 1:39 PM, David Gibbs wrote:
debug1: trying public key file /home/SECDMG/.ssh/authorized_keys
Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/SECDMG

Tweaked the permissions on my home directory and .ssh directory and now I'm getting this error:

In Function:user_key_allowed2 AD CALLING FUNCTION :restore_uid

I found a reference to this on http://forums.iprodeveloper.com/forums/aft/147633, but all the files in .ssh are ccsid 819.

Key pair was generated in QP2TERM.

IBM i authorities for my home dir are:

User Authority Exist Mgt Alter Ref
*PUBLIC *RX X
SECDMG *RWX X X X X

IBM i authorities for .ssh are:

User Authority Exist Mgt Alter Ref
*PUBLIC *NONE X
SECDMG *RWX X X X X

IFS permissions are:

drwxr-xr-x 5 secdmg 0 24576 Sep 02 13:45 .
drwx------ 2 secdmg 0 8192 Sep 02 13:56 .ssh

david