From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:18 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: PowerHA for System I

I'm still trying to figure out how you get by certain operations with Power

Isn't Power HA basically some sort of hot disk going between two boxes?
Machine1 to san disk. You want to do disruptive hardware maintenance on
Machine1 you do a Power HA switch to Machine2 and the disk is serviced by

For example, when are putting on delayed PTF's or upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2,
doesn't that affect the disk irregardless of whether you're running on
Machine1 or Machine2?

Or, from a thread earlier today, you want no user interruption when doing
backup so quiescing operations while you get a checkpoint for save while
active is out of the question. With a Mimix solution I can do that from the
remote system.

Frankly I do much more delayed PTFs, OS upgrades and backups than I do
disruptive hardware upgrades.