RE: method to view objects in production lib with locks on them

fixed

An alternative would be to Mimix everything to a second system and backup
from that.
This is what we do. We just shut down the part of Mimix that locks the
objects on the receiving machine. While still allowing the remote
journals to receive.
Started doing this after another local company was doing the same thing.
Prior to that we were using a crappy version of save while active. No
sync, no journalling, and no worries if objects could not be saved. The
boss (strong IT background) felt it was more important that the users had
no disruption of service than we had good data. I raised my objections
and kept the memos. Glad we went with the Mimix idea. At that same time
is when we implemented BRMS.