On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Bill Howie <blhowie66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's where I'm running into a problem. These steps work, but for some
reason (I'm guessing it's because of combining the CRTFILE(*YES) keyword
and the INCREL keyword, but I don't know this) I'm getting ALL the files
copied that have a field beginning with "ABC", including the ones that have
the subset of data I need. My end goal is to just have the files copied
that have my subset of data, so the files with no data are not needed.

Not exactly elegant, but one could inspect the completion message sent
by CPYF. That message ID is CPC2957 when no records were copied.
When that message is received delete the empty file that was just