Re: Client Access and Personal Communications on one PC?

fixed

On 8/22/2014 5:36 AM, Rene K. wrote:
Hi guys,

In my quest to control both my AS/400 / iSeries machines, I'm now in the situation where I need Client Access for one, PComm for the other machine.

Thing is, I need to control a LAN console for the iSeries, and a Twinax 5250 PCI adapter for the AS/400. Apparently CA V5R4 or PComm 5.6 can't run both solutions by itself, so I need both tools.

I've already been toying around with a VM with Windows, CA, and PComm, and apparently one machine can either run CA -OR- PComm, but not both.......or can it?
Does someone know if there is a way to install them both on one machine? I can always get another cheap PC and run PComm on it, but under my already stuffed desk I'd prefer to run both tools on the one PC I already have.

There are at least 2 open source tn5250 emulators that you could use in
lieu of Client Access. They both have a MUCH smaller footprint than
Client Access; I've never had tn5250 interfere with another program.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tn5250/
http://tn5250j.sourceforge.net/

--buck