From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 7:17 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Hands off monthly SAVSYS

Does anyone have a script or tool that would do a monthly SAVSYS process
without the need for an operator? End all subsystems to a restricted state,
do the SAVSYS, initiate an IPL to bring the system back up, kick off a
DUPTAP to make a second copy of the SAVSYS tape. I remember there were some
techniques for doing this years ago, like write CL and call that CL from
the operators console before going home on the weekend to do the SAVSYS. CL
waits until Sunday morning at 6:00 am and then starts running. Does a tool
like BRMS or Robot handle this type of process?

Mike Cunningham
VP of Information Technology Services/CIO
Pennsylvania College of Technology