Save/recovery of IFS objects - lock issues

fixed

1) Response back from IBM, PMR is still open.

SAVBRM along with ALWCKPWRT was mainly created for saving Domino while active.
Domino also had save code changes, added, that if a item was missed, it would be marked for the next save.
BRMS support recommends NOT to use SAVBRM and/or ALWCKPWRT, because the status of the IFS save would be unknown.
Waiting on additional CPS from IFS group.

2) I've done some experimenting/testing IFS saves with trying to create various locks.
a) If you open an IFS object, 2=Edit, then check the object via Ops Nav, the object shows a *SHRRD lock, not what I expected, object can be saved without issue.
b) if you open an IFS object with notepad, Ops Nav shows no locks, object can be saved without issue.

3) How can I create an IFS lock higher then *SHRRD, either *SHRUPD, *SHRNUP, *EXCL.

4) I'm leaning towards setting the ATR(*ALWSAV) to VALUE(*NO) for IFS items with higher then a *SHRRD.
Prior to the IFS save, a CPY would be done for DR purposes.

5) Can an IFS object be jounrnaled? If so, how would a BRMS *link save see a locked, journaled IFS object?

Paul