Oh yes, a classic. Network route trumps default route, you go nowhere. :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

On 8/1/2014 12:08 PM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok, I used both the fat client, and the web based system i navigator.
Network, TCP/IP Configuration, IPv4, IPv4 Routes. I saw a route for going out an IP address of I couldn't delete the
route, nor change it to a different IP address as they were both greyed
Turns out that when I was changing the old IP addresses to the new ones I
would delete the old one once I had a new matching IP address. So let's
say became After creating I would
delete Well, I never got a new address for so I
left it in the table to figure out what that interface was and deal with
it later. Apparently the interface became active. And the os said "screw
your default route table. I'm going out this 10.10.1.x interface I have
Delete it.
All network issues resolved.

Kind of kills my old rule: "Never do today what you can put off until
tomorrow" when trying to determine what to do with an old IP address.