Map network drive failure

fixed

Hi,

I've been having trouble mapping a network drive to each of our IBM i's for a while now. Until today I thought it was just that I can't get the Network neighborhood servers to start on our systems. I haven't had time to work that issue out.
But today I tried to map a network drive to a client's system (connected remotely via VPN) and that failed too. Using Navigator I can see that the i5/OS Netserver is running properly on there system, so it's apparently not the same issue.
Can there be something wrong on my PC end? I have a Windows 8.1 laptop. Anything peculiar about that that might be contributing to the problem? Is there some way of locking down or restricting Network Neighborhood so only certain users get access? It never gets as far as asking for my user ID and password.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey