Re: PTF for 7.1 on Power 8

fixed

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote on Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:40:21 GMT:

I am running 7.1 with MF99008 but the group SF99007
"TECHNOLOGY REFRESH" is only at 7, not 8; on Power 8
equipment.

This means you have the HARDWARE PTFs but do not have the
complete technology refresh 8 at the OS & LPP level.

Jim asked in a post whether this is supported. Yes because
MF99008 is applied and that is required for support of POWER8
servers. Recommended, not really, because we prefer to see
MF9900x and SF99707 level x where 'x' is the same number. Of
course, you can't get to SF99707 level 8 without also getting
MF99008 as it is a pre-requisite.