Honestly, I purchased a CMS when I was the only developer!

But we were also new to the 400 and didn't have any kind of home grown
utilities to help with deployment, source control ect.

From my stand point, it was the one application on the system designed to
save me time. Every other application and the code I was writing was
designed to save everybody else time.

The questions to ask yourself
1) Does your own grown system handle everything, such as SQL objects, it
should?
2) How much time do you spend fixing or enhancing it?

I'd ballpark $10K-$20K for a CMS for 6 developers...

Assuming $60K salaries...and you save just 2% of your time...you'd have
about a 3yr ROI...

Charles

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>