From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 9:56 AM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Scaning field JSLIBL from QAUDJRN outfile QASYJSJ5

Chuck,

Thanks for links and info.
I'm seeing conflicting results which appear to be an issue, or will IBM state WAD.
Library CCPRSF currently has 31 objects, 5 PF, 25 LF, 1 dtaara.
All objects within the library, CCPRSF, show same last use/change info, see below. (05/06/12 is date of P5 to P7 migration)

Change/Usage information:
Change date/time . . . . . . . . . . : 05/06/12 04:51:19
Usage data collected . . . . . . . . : YES
Last used date . . . . . . . . . . . :
Days used count . . . . . . . . . . : 0
Reset date . . . . . . . . . . . . :

WRKOBJ of the library - shows library was changed 07/20/14 (last BRMS save)
Library 1 of 1
Object . . . . . . . : CCPRSF Attribute . . . . . : PROD
Library . . . . . : QSYS Owner . . . . . . . : COMMSOFT
Library ASP device . : *SYSBAS Library ASP group . : *SYSBAS
Type . . . . . . . . : *LIB Primary group . . . : *NONE

Change/Usage information:
Change date/time . . . . . . . . . . : 07/20/14 22:54:46
Usage data collected . . . . . . . . : NO
Last used date . . . . . . . . . . . :
Days used count . . . . . . . . . . : 0
Reset date . . . . . . . . . . . . :

Reviewing the link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rbam6/detob.htm

Media definition The SAVLIB, SAVOBJ, RSTLIB, RSTOBJ, SAVCHGOBJ commands; as well as, the BRMS and QSRSAVO API.
Object usage information is not updated for the following object types: Library (*LIB) The above two are conflicting.

I've always used 4. Disk space tasks 1. Collect disk space information 2. Print disk space information as a starting point of identifying unused objects, but now I question its validity. It shows library has not been used, last changed 05/06/12 (this was date of P5 to P7 migration)

Library Information
% of Size in Last Last
Library Owner Disk 1000 bytes Change Use Description
CCPRSF COMMSOFT .00 2039.8 05/06/12 **CommSoft BASE Continuing Property Records-file

Are there possibly 2 different Last Change dates for the library object, since IBM is reporting back two different dates? 05/06/12 and 07/20/14

The QAUDJRN is returning CHGLIBL from the T-JS job.
select * from qgpl/QASYJSJ5 where locate ('CCPRSP ',JSLIBL ) <> 0

Data width . . . . . . : 3999
Position to line . . . . . Shift to column . . . . . .
....+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8....+....9....+...10....+...11....+...12....+...13.
Entry Sequence Code Type Timestamp Job User Job Program Program Pr
length number name name number name library AS
de
3,726 00000000000104470775 T JS 2014-05-21-11.05.39.308576 SPYPRINT FPACLITW 636,398 QWTPIIPP QSYS *S
3,726 00000000000104470933 T JS 2014-05-21-11.06.12.482720 SPYPRINT FPACLITW 636,402 QWTPIIPP QSYS *S
3,726 00000000000104471068 T JS 2014-05-21-11.06.36.635248 SPYPRINT FPACLITW 636,403 QWTPIIPP QSYS *S
******** End of data ********

Bottom line, where and how should one look for if an object is last used?
I'm no longer comfortable with the methods I've used for years for this process.

Paul