DSPFFD does not know about SQL data types - only DDS data types - see the post I just sent for something on B types.

The output file for DSPFFD has the WHFLDT field, and its values can be these -

Type: B,A,S,P,F,O,J,E,H,L,T,Z,G,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Not an I in the place!

It's strange but true - I have created a B(9 0) in DDS and put 10 digit number there in SQL - something like that, anyhow.

Vern