(Cross Posted to Midrange Systems / RPGLE)
I have a number of systems that are mainly written in RPGLE that were
converted from prior versions of RPG (RPG/36, RPG400) to the current RPGLE
format, but most not using any ILE functions.
I have a number of "Black Box" programs that are called to preform a
specific function and return values.
Newer programs are being written that *do* use ILE functions (where
In these programs, it is often necessary to call some of these "Black Box
Is there any benefit to converting them to Service Programs?
If so, what would be the best method to use to avoid having to recreate the
100's if not more existing programs that currently call them as a stand
alone program?

I am just asking for my own information, but am very interested in all

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst