Re: LPAR Questions

fixed

Depends. in my way of thinking. If the you ever need to take down the Host
partition then all the others will come down too. If that is a concern
then the HOST should not run any apps.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 5:00 AM, kevin <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I've just taken delivery of a Power6 server running 7.1..

What is the best practice when running guest partitions - should the
primary be just for the OS and not used for much else..

I want to to have two IBM i partitions one live and the other test for an
RPG application...I also want to set up two Linux partitions live/test for
email and web servers..

Finally can I run any flavor of Linux..

Thanks

Kevin