Depends. in my way of thinking. If the you ever need to take down the Host
partition then all the others will come down too. If that is a concern
then the HOST should not run any apps.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 5:00 AM, kevin <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've just taken delivery of a Power6 server running 7.1..

What is the best practice when running guest partitions - should the
primary be just for the OS and not used for much else..

I want to to have two IBM i partitions one live and the other test for an
RPG application...I also want to set up two Linux partitions live/test for
email and web servers..

Finally can I run any flavor of Linux..

*Kevin Passey*
*KDP Software Limited*