From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roberto José Etcheverry Romero
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 1:33 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Disk controller failure?

571B, location C6, why would they sell you another controller and the external backplane (don't know the correct term, i mean the backplane that doesnt connect to the integrated controller but to an external, like in this case) to make it short, you now have 2 cards, the integrated 5709/573D servicing one 4-disk array, and another card the 571B servicing the other 4-disk array (when you installed the blue backplane you had to wire it to the new controller, right? but the original 4 disks' backplane didn't change right?) I would have just put the common backplane and stopped-started array so that you get a single 8 disk array...
Follow Dr Franken's advice and let's see it the error clears.

Best Regards,

Roberto