problems starting mysql qp2term vs qsh

fixed

We need mysql to run some programs on our internal website. We cannot get a QSH script to start it automatically, even though it looks identical to entering the commands in QP2TERM.

The only way we can start MYSQL is to enter these three lines from a command line:

Call QP2TERM

cd /QOpenSys/usr/local/mysql/mysql-5.1.39-i5os-power-64bit

bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

Lately we have been taking down qinter subsystem at night and that ends mysql since qp2term is tied to an emulation session.

We created a cl command using qsh so we could automate the start up process

QSH CMD('cd +
/QOpenSys/usr/local/mysql/mysql-5.1.39-i5os+
-power-64bit; bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &')

This command looks like it works, but our website reports mysql not running errors:Warning: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory in /www/mysql.php on line 2 No such file or directory

This automated shut down CL command works:

QSH CMD('cd +
/QOpenSys/usr/local/mysql/mysql-5.1.39-i5os+
-power-64bit; bin/mysqladmin -u root shutdown')

When we run the qp2term commands, it looks like this:

$
> cd /QOpenSys/usr/local/mysql/mysql-5.1.39-i5os-power-64bit
$
> bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
[1] 1177113
$ 140625 10:02:50 mysqld_safe Logging to '/QOpenSys/mysql/data/SPT400.SPECIAL
TYPIPE.COM.err'.
140625 10:02:59 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /QOpen
Sys/mysql/data
140625 10:03:40 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /QOpenSys/mysql/data/SPT400.
SPECIALTYPIPE.COM.pid ended

When we run the CL program calling QSH it looks like this:

140625 10:04:19 mysqld_safe Logging to '/QOpenSys/mysql/data/SPT400.SPECIALTY
PIPE.COM.err'.
140625 10:04:31 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /QOpen
Sys/mysql/data
140625 10:04:36 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /QOpenSys/mysql/data/SPT400.
SPECIALTYPIPE.COM.pid ended
Press ENTER to end terminal session.

(it does not matter if I press ENTER to end terminal session or not)

even though it looks like the QSH script is working just like the QP2TERM commands, MYSQL does not work on our web site. Can anyone explain the difference ?

---Dale