From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 2:04 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: advanced job schedule and restore to new hardware

Well, there's always CHGIPLA and tell it to start the system in a restricted state. Failing that, you could set that lpar to "Manual"
versus "Normal". Makes the upgrade process a little more "interesting", but it's documented. And there's a stage during the manual mode where you can tell it to start in restricted state.
There's also changing the system value QSTRUPPGM to some highly restricted program.

For the standard job scheduler we have a process that holds all entries and records those it held, which were not already held. When we want them to run a process releases those which were not already held is ran. Some intelligence is built into that to say if the "Recovery action" was *SBMRLS then submit the job right away.
You could probably duplicate this for the advanced job scheduler.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755