I wanted to check if the processing you are dealing with is nightly batch . . .

I just wanted to check if you are aware of the command SETOBJACC - it is a little used command that can be useful for fine-tuing file access in a dedicated Batch processing window. But it is generally not used for interactive and random mixes of processing. But in Batch, it can have some significant improvements.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/cl/setobjacc.htm?lang=en
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1010456

John Voris

The increase in "throughput" after we added 8 SSD's was significant. I want to tune the SSD resource though . . .
If anyone else has any suggestions on how I might do things differently I'd appreciate your comments.
Kenneth Graap