You always get 2 Virtual FC WWPN per real FC

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:42 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: WWPN NPIV stuff on virtualized fiber card.

I take it when you virtualize multiple lpars off of one fiber tape card it's not hard to give each lpar it's own WWPN, right? It's kind of a zoning question. At one location our AIX/TSM lpar will only be allowed to use 5 drives and our 5 lpars of IBM i will all have to share the remaining
5 drives. When they all had their own card it wasn't too hard to do port mapping. We're switching over to WWPN mapping.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755