From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:38 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QSYSOPR Security issue for Backups.

IBM offers the clrtmp utility
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzahz/rzahzclrtmp.htm?lang=en

"You can include a call to the clrtmp utility from the startup program specified by the QSTRUPPGM system value"

Charles

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rob,

A while back you stated

<I delete everything out of /tmp on a regular basis (whenever I am in
restricted state).

It does not affect your tape moves or any such thing.>

Several of our apps (BRMS, RXS, etc) write to /tmp, I would like to
automate this cleanup, either on a pwrdwn or on IPL in QSTRUP.

Can the entire /tmp directory simply be cleared.

I'm thinking of using TAATOOL cmd.

DLTIFS OBJ('/tmp') OBJNAM(*all) OBJTYP(*ALL) OWNER(*ALL)

Production /tmp currently 60mb 2,000 items.

R&D /tmp currently 450mb, 950 items.

Any thoughts from the group.

Paul

Keep in mind that I delete everything out of /tmp on a regular basis
(whenever I am in restricted state).

It does not affect your tape moves or any such thing.

Group Dekko

Dept 1600

Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive

Garrett, IN 46738