To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:47 PM
Subject: RE: QSYSOPR Security issue for Backups.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Stephanie.Cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:11 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: QSYSOPR Security issue for Backups.

I am trying to remove the user who originally set up this iSeries - he's
been gone for years. I have changed the automatic backup to be run by
QSYSOPR -and no matter what - continue to receive this message. 'Not
authorized to object. Object is /tmp/brms/q1asav540051'. Of course the
number changes each day. I have granted authority to QSYSOPR for /tmp
/tmp/brms. Finally I gave QSYSOPR *ALLOBJ authority in the profile - and
still got this message last night. Any/All ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks