That file is obviously a child of the BRMS daily save, and therefore (probably) should be excluded from save and restore. I'm not sure if it is common to save /tmp, as the contents of that folder are typically considered disposable. I am definitely NOT a BRMS guru, but I know there are many of them here...

It is NOT advised to grant QSYSOPR the *ALLOBJ special authority. You may want to undo that change.

-Eric DeLong

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephanie.Cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:11 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: QSYSOPR Security issue for Backups.

I am trying to remove the user who originally set up this iSeries - he's been gone for years. I have changed the automatic backup to be run by QSYSOPR -and no matter what - continue to receive this message. 'Not authorized to object. Object is /tmp/brms/q1asav540051'. Of course the number changes each day. I have granted authority to QSYSOPR for /tmp /tmp/brms. Finally I gave QSYSOPR *ALLOBJ authority in the profile - and still got this message last night. Any/All ideas would be greatly appreciated.