On 6/9/2014 12:21 PM, Birgitta Hauser wrote:
Hi Buck,

You may check the following articles about System and SQL Naming
System versus SQL Naming - Part 1
Object authority and privileges for SQL database objects

System versus SQL Naming - Part 2
Accessing database objects

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Danke, Birgitta. I usually make my functions external and somehow got
surprised by this behaviour. Now that it's been explained (for SQL
naming, STATIC schema is determined at compile time and DYNAMIC schema
is determined at run time) it makes sense. I did not see that spelt out
explicitly in the SQL manuals which is why I confused myself between run
time and compile time.